Tuesday, April 9, 2013

MRI Complete

Justin had his MRI today. I told him right before they took him back for the procedure that he would have to have a shot for the anesthesia...he started crying. I felt bad when the nurse announced he wasn't getting a shot (at least he wouldn't be awake when they gave it to him...oopsie). So he stopped crying and was relaxed...scowling at me.

Tucson Medical Center has someone come and talk to Justin on his level about what is going to happen. The two times we have been at the hospital it has been a girls in her 20's who is very nice and really great with kids. She helped Justin relax and laugh.

Justin was given laughing gas then when he fell asleep they put in the IV. The procedure only took two hours...as opposed to the three hours we thought it would take. We knew they were finished when we heard Justin screaming. (It was good we were in the waiting room.) We were told that he woke up too fast and all his brain hadn't woken up yet so he was really confused and scared. The dr. gave his some narcotics to knock him out again and then he woke up slowly. We were at his side the second time he woke up and it was much better. The narcotics effect everyone differently and they made Justin sad. He soon snapped out of his sadness when we got fluids in him and a Happy Meal.

He was back to his happy self by the time we got home;) Thank you to my friends Autumn and Sabrina for watching Logan and Kali for arranging everything and for bringing dinner. We are spoiled. Thank you for those who fasted and for those of you who have put Justin's name in the Temples and for all the prayers...it means so much to us. We love you all.

We were told it would take 3-5 days to get the report and then our tech said it would be 2-3 days then the lady that gave me a CD of the images told me she would fax the report to me tomorrow. Since I do have the images on a CD I tried to view the images myself...how hard could it be!?!?!? I couldn't even figure out how to open the images, doh! It's probably for the best.

On another note...Logan started soccer today. He wouldn't listen to his coach, he just wanted to kick the ball around the entire time. He is a sporty little guy, very coordinated. We then went to my city league volleyball game where we were freezing and the sand on the court feels like sandpaper on your feet. I was miserable, but we won, YAY! I couldn't wait to get home and relax in a nice hot tub. I got the kids bathed and got Justin to bed and had run the water for my bath and was finishing up some stuff on the computer before jumping in when I hear Logan peeing. I run into the bathroom to see what is going on and he is standing in my tub of steaming hot, (relaxing and well deserved) water PEEING. Why is my life so awesome?!?!?!?! Let's just say Logan is completely done for the night...possibly longer! As mad as I was when it happened, I'm already starting to grin about it. That kid is a character. So lucky to have both Justin and Logan!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Just wanted to let you know we're praying for Justin and your sweet family. We're praying for the MRI to show nothing major or serious...nothing at all would be so awesome! As you know, we walk in the shoes of having a child with a serious disease. Maddie's is never cured or fixed and it can weigh heavy on us at times. Thankfully, we have faith and trust in the Lord, I don't know how people do it without that.

It's never easy but it does get better with time and life takes on a different normal but a good one. We have learned so much through this and find life so much sweeter. Our love and prayers!
Bryan, Katie & family