Friday, May 3, 2013

Surgery Date Changed

Justin's surgery has been pushed back to May 21. When Dr. Lemole found out Justin's surgery was scheduled a day before he went out of town he had his scheduled change it so he could do the follow-up. I will admit I was alittle apprehensive when the scheduler told me Dr. Lemole wouldn't be doing the follow-up, so I am relieved he will be doing the follow-up but annoyed the surgery is pushed back giving me more time to agonize over the situation. I guess there is a reason for everything.

Logan learned how to ride a bike without training wheels in about 2 seconds. He had been riding a balance bike for the last year and when Justin got his new bike Logan took over his and was a pro within moments.


The boys just want to ride bikes all day long which is a nice change from them wanting to play video games and play with electronic devices.

Justin had a soccer game tonight. He was goalie the first quarter. As the team started warming up Justin started to get scared. He calmed down and played a really good game. He is very fast.



Justin kept dancing around so it was hard to get a good pic.

This week was full of excitement starting with Logan throwing up all Sunday night, Monday and again Tuesday. Our washer finally broke on Tuesday making it impossible to clean any towels or bedding which was just a little bit of an issue since all our towels were drentched in throw-up. Wednesday I had an unexpected root canal which had me in a fowl mood most of the week then Thursday Justin's surgery was pushed back. By the end of the day Thursday I was DONE...to say the least. I felt like I have been handling things pretty well, trying to stay busy and upbeat and I felt like if anything else were to go south I may not be able to keep my game face on...if ya know what I mean. I've heard that we choose our trials...if that's true I need to be slapped...a lot. I prayed Thursday night that we would have a calm day today...that nothing major would happen or at least no damage that would result in costs over $400. Today was a good day and not that it was the perfect day but it was calm comparitively speaking.

Although we have had a bit of a stormy week I am very aware of the spirit that has engulfed our home and our lives. We have had countless blessings that have been keeping our spirits up. We greatly appreciate the packages from family that can't be here with us, the dinners from dear sweet friends, the visits from nearby family, Justin's wonderful teacher and classmates, understanding employers, dedicated running buddies, friends that allow me to unwind/vent, prayers, phone calls, cards, emails, thoughts, texts, etc. We are so very blessed.

This afternoon Jason, Justin, Logan and I all snuggled up on Jason & I's bed and took a nap together. It was a sweet tender mercy to have such a peaceful moment with them. When we awoke we were able to take part in hearing Ali announce her mission call to Reno, NV. How awesome is that? She will be the best missionary. What a perfect ending to a great day.

4 comments:

grandma said...

I check your blog every day.....you are one tough mamma!! And because you are, you can do these hard things with great wisdom and faith. Love you much!!!

Patty

renhallows said...

love the update...keep them coming. I am praying for mr justin! love you guys!

the phillips said...

Holy Cow! Logan is so cute on that bike. Darn that Peter. I've been trying to get him to use his balance bike but he just won't. I heard they are amazing tools to teaching children how to ride bikes. How fun for the boys to ride bikes together.

Lana said...

Em, I love you with all my heart! I pray for you every day. I wish I could take on some of these trials for you. I would do it if I could!! You are the strongest person I know. You show great faith and such grace in all that you do. You are the best example to me. You can do this! I am here for you always. I miss you. Hugs!!!!